What is offshore development?
Offshore development is the same all over the world, regardless of where it's done. At Orient Software Development Corporation (OSD), we set the industry standard for offshore development. When you work with our teams, the project manager will communicate with you directly about our progress in each and ever step of the project. This includes the initial project development, a thorough analysis of your needs, documentation of all the requirements, prototype creation, product development and testing, market release, integration with your existing business practices, and ongoing technical support. Even though our work is performed offshore, it will seem as if we're working at your side, thanks to our exceptional communication and the use of the Internet.
Why should my business use outsourcing?
Modern businesses are under significant pressure to reduce their expenses, raise productivity, recruit and retain top talent, gain recognition for their business practices, use diversification to manage risks, and bring new products to the market quickly. Offshore outsourcing is one way that businesses are meeting many of these goals while enjoying four main benefits.
- Reduced costs: Highly educated and experienced information-technology professionals who live overseas earn less than do their counterparts in Europe and North America. The savings on labor costs mean that your business can do more with less.
- Talented workers: There are many well qualified professionals in the IT industry in Vietnam, and they have years of experience in the areas your company needs help with. Using their vast knowledge base and raw talent, they can deliver IT services of the highest quality, at a fraction of the price you would pay be doing things in-house, or even using local or national contractors.
- The best in the business: Good offshore development centers are obsessed with continuously improving their processes and offering the highest-quality services. When you choose to use an offshore development center that is reliable, predictable, and efficient, you can minimize the risk of having a project fail or not be delivered on time. Most of the IT vendors in Vietnam are renowned for its culture that constantly strives for perfection.
- 24/7 service: When you choose to use offshore development in Vietnam, you'll find that the time difference works in your favor. When you're staff members are getting the rest they need at night, our IT professionals are hard at work, developing customized software solutions for your IT needs and other projects so that you can get your products and services to market faster than you ever thought possible.
How can I build strong outsourcing relationships?
Many studies have shown that more than 90% of the Fortune 500 companies use outsourcing to meet at least some of their IT needs. Most of these companies have ongoing budget lines for these outsourced functions year after year, because they know that outsourcing yields significant cost-reduction benefits. These companies also know how important it is to select the right vendor, and they tend to prefer using an offshore outsourcing center that has an onshore office that responds promptly to questions or problems that may arise. Finally, these companies fully understand the importance of maintaining good communication with the chosen contractors so that they can monitor the project as it advances and make the most of the business relationship.
Is outsourcing right for my company?
Outsourcing can improve the performance and profitability of virtually any company, but some businesses are more prepared to benefit from offshore outsourcing more than others. Consider the statements listed below. If some or all of them apply to your business, then you should seriously consider beginning to outsource some of your work.
- You often wonder whether you're making optimal use of your existing resources.
- You'd like to find ways for your IT staff to improve the efficiency of your business.* You're concerned about how your company can keep up with rapidly changing technologies.
- You ask yourself whether your company's IT department could handle things more quickly and more effectively.
- You're interested in offshore outsourcing and want to learn more.
- You're concerned about your employees' reactions to outsourcing and want to know more about what options they'll have.